The Canal District is seeking a General Manager who will plan and oversee the day-to-day operations of our restaurant group to ensure goals and objectives are met.
The ideal candidate for this position should thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, maintain a courteous attitude with customers, and use downtime effectively. Strong leadership and people management skills must be accompanied by a customer service orientation and a commitment to company values and image.
The General Manager pays close attention to all operational details to ensure the comfort, safety and enjoyment of guests and job satisfaction of staff, as well as the financial success of the establishment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans and organizes daily activities related to production and operations.
- Coordinates with other departments such as Human Resources, Finance and Logistics to ensure successful restaurant operations.
- Determines labor requirements to achieve production goals.
- Assist in the preparation of restaurant budgets.
- Coordinates with marketing and sales departments to determine pricing, timing and number of sales promotions and products to sell.
- Assists in, or prepares and updates, the organization’s operations manual and policies.
- Hire and train new employees.
- Organizes and supervises the schedules and work of assigned personnel.
- Conducts timely and constructive performance reviews.
- Manages discipline and termination of employees as needed and in accordance with company policy.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Previous restaurant and management experience preferred.
- Excellent managerial and supervisory skills.
- Strong business management skills.
- Excellent computer, problem solving and customer service skills.
- Ability to defuse tense situations and resolve conflicts.
- Effectively delegate responsibilities and maximize resources.
- In-depth knowledge of production operations and management.
- Ability to interpret financial data as needed to set production targets.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Note: Salary will depend on experience.
Types of employment: full-time, permanent
Schedule: Days, evenings and weekends
Submit CV to [email protected]