The Institute of Hospitality (IoH) has announced the shortlist for its prestigious UK Restaurant Manager of the Year 2022 competition with 10 outstanding UK restaurant managers making the final cut.
With additional congratulations on the event with Prosecco DOC confirmed as new event sponsors for the finale.
Selected from a host of applicants from across the UK by an esteemed panel of judges, the top 10 finalists will undertake a range of restaurant management tasks at the Café Royal hotel in London on Monday 10th January 2022.
Are selected for the shortlist and participating in the final:
- Alexandros Kaloudas MIH – Hilton London Bankside, London
- Gianluca Austin – Simpsons Restaurant, Birmingham
- Tony Gill – Lumley Castle Hotel, Chester-le-Street, Durham
- Mrs. Annie Robinson – The Ivy, Birmingham
- Ms Raminta Mackeviciute – Ivy Cobham Brewery, Surrey
- Jacob Pinder – Hotel Café Royal, London
- James Brackley MIH – South Lodge Hotel, West Sussex
- Mrs. Abigail Clark – Charlie’s at Browns Hotel, London
- Andrea Caldelari – Pan Pacific, London
- Antonino Forte MIH – Galvin at Windows, Hilton Park Lane, London
The evening finale, sponsored by Prosecco DOC, will feature the day’s top finalists, who will be tested on additional restaurant management skills in front of a VIP audience of influencers, before one of them is crowned UK Restaurant Manager of the Year 2022.
Speaking about the quality of nominations this year, John Cousins FIH, Head Judge, Food & Beverage Training, said: “Restaurant Manager of the Year 2022 has once again attracted high quality nominations. Hailing from establishments across the UK, the ten semi-finalists represent some of the best restaurant managers in the business. »
Sarah Peters MIH, Head of Commerce and Events at IoH, added: “The winner is following in the footsteps of incredible talent, so we all expect great things from our shortlisted finalists in the VIP Finals at the Hotel Café Royal in January.
With confirmation that Prosecco DOC has committed to sponsor the event, Robert Richardson FIH, CEO of IoH, said: “Having Prosecco DOC on board as a sponsor of this prestigious event is great news. I am delighted to welcome them to our host family and look forward to a hard-fought final at the Hotel Café Royal in London on January 10.
In addition to the trophy and the prestigious title of UK Restaurant Manager of the Year 2022, the winner will also receive:
An all-expenses-paid consultancy project with The Edge Hotel School, University of Essex to develop personal, analytical and professional skills to help them in their current role and develop their careers.
One year of tickets to attend the best IoH events of 2022, including Above & Beyond and the Fellows Dinner
A selection of Prosecco provided by event sponsor, Prosecco DOC
Annual IoH membership and more to be announced.
The jury 2022
- John Cousins FIH (Chief Justice) Food and Beverage Training
- Ian Sturrock The Arts Club
- Johanna Wimmer The Ivy Collection
- Rory Kelly-Naughton MIH Evolve Hospitality
- Roy Sommer FBMA FIH
- Alper Zan AIH Hospitality Professional
- Stephane Davaine Brewin Dauphin
- Ludovic Solmi Restaurant J-Sheekey
- Paul Shanahan MIH The Vineyard
- Kerry O’Connor Hotel Cafe Royal
- Sue Thompson BaxterStorey
- Matthew Mawtus HIDE
Hospitality & Catering News: UK Restaurant Manager of the Year 2022. – November 26, 2021 – UK Restaurant Manager of the Year 2022.
Copyright: All content of Hospitality & Catering News is copyrighted